Boiling chicken breast is a simple and easy way to cook it. Here are the steps to boil chicken breast:
- Start by filling a pot with enough water to cover the chicken breast.
- While the water is heating up, rinse the chicken breast under cold running water and pat it dry with a paper towel.
- Once the water comes to a boil, carefully add the chicken breast to the pot. Make sure the water covers the chicken completely.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and let the chicken simmer for about 10-12 minutes. You can also use a meat thermometer to check if the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C).
- Once the chicken is fully cooked, turn off the heat and carefully remove the chicken from the pot using tongs or a slotted spoon.
- Place the chicken on a cutting board and let it rest for a few minutes before slicing or shredding it as desired.
That’s it! Boiled chicken breast is great for salads, sandwiches, or as a protein source for other dishes. You can also season the water with herbs, spices, or salt for added flavor.